What happens if I miss a loan payment?
We know that life gets hectic and sometimes things fall through the cracks. That’s why we require the first three monthly loan payments to be made at closing. That way you’ll have a little breathing room once you get the project underway. And, in fact, many of our clients complete the renovations and have the project on the market before a payment is even due in the fourth month. But, if your cash flow situation is not ideal, reach out to us directly to work out an arrangement.
How do I receive a draw request?
Watch this short video to learn how to set up your draw account and schedule draws/inspections. Draw funding is disseminated in three ways - via Automated Clearing House (ACH), wire transfer($30 fee) or check. We suggest the ACH method which is easy and quick(clears in one business day). To set up your ACH account, just log in to the Navigator Private Capital website and provide your banking information through the ‘Set Up Draw Request Payment Account’ link.
- Navigator Private Capital provides draws as renovation work is completed and requires borrowers to start each project on their own.
- After phase one of the work is completed, borrowers may log into their account on the Navigator Private Capital website and click on ‘Draw Request/Inspection’.
- Within the draw request form, borrowers are asked to itemize the work completed and estimate costs incurred.
How do I schedule an inspection?
Inspections are scheduled in conjunction with making a draw request. Borrowers should log into their member account on our website and click on ‘Draw Request/Inspection’.
- Once the request is submitted, one of our inspectors will contact the borrower—usually within 48 hours—to set up an appointment to review the work and approve the draw. Depending on the amount of work completed, NavCap will release a full or partial draw.
- NavCap suggests minimizing the overall number of draws requested as there is a $250 charge for each inspection. Generally, we recommend three draws per project.
How do I make a loan payment?
For your convenience, we have automated the loan payment process. Upon closing, borrowers may login to their member account on the Navigator Private Capital website and select the option to “Set Up Loan Payment Account’. As part of the closing process, borrowers are required to pre-pay the first three months of the loan but will start making payments in the fourth month. Still have questions? This short video walks you through the setup process.